How to use the trip grading chart
Inukpak Outfitting has assigned a grade to all its services (trips), zero being the lowest rating, for activities suited for all, and four representing our longest, most demanding expeditions. These grades are in place for our guests to self-evaluate the level they are comfortable with. Different factors play a role into this grading:
– Does a given trip require the participant to have any previous camping, or long expedition experience?
– Does a given trip require the participant to have any specific technical skill set (paddling, skiing, hiking, etc.)? What level of help and participation in the daily task will be expected by your guide?
- Fitness level
– What level of fitness are participants expected to have?
- Comfort level
– Each of our trips does not offer the same level of comfort, ranging from hotel stay to full expedition-style camping. Aside from accommodation, the comfort level also takes in consideration meal options.
For each Discovery package, as well as each Expedition package, a specific information document (in PDF format) called Descriptive / Day-by-day can be found on Inukpak Outfitting’s website. These documents provide answers to many FAQ’s, including an outline of the Experience, Skill, Fitness & Comfort levels for each specific trip we offer.
- Self-evaluation: Try to compare elements of your self-assessment with the requirements listed in the Trip Grading above or within the Descriptive / Day-by-day document specific to each trip.
- We are happy to discuss ideas about how to gain experience and skills, give you training options, and so on.
- Still unsure? Contact our office. We will be happy to discuss what to expect on any trip.